I have heard and read more arguments between Christians about Creation than any other topic. Some Christians hold fast to God's creating the world in six days. Others feel God created the world, but each day was thousands or millions of years. I've heard other Christians say that God's creation of the world was through the Big Bang Theory and others by some form of evolution, etc. Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever. Psalm 146:5-6

In my opinion, many Christians get lost in the weeds. God created the world. What's it matter if creation took six literal days or days that were thousands or millions of years long? There have been some who have really gotten lost in the weeds over this to the point that they lost their faith. How long creation took is not what really matters. What matters is that God did create the world and He wants us to focus on Jesus, His Son's sacrifice on the cross and resurrection for our sins! We need to stay focused on what really matters and not let others get us caught up in unproductive discussions or arguments that can lead us astray by getting us lost in the weeds!

Creation: Rest of Related Genesis Bible Verses

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? Genesis 3:1

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made He him; Male and female created He them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. Genesis 5:1-2

And it repented the Lord that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him at His heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth Me that I have made them. Genesis 6:6-7


For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. Genesis 7:4


Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made He man. Genesis 9:6


And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between Me and all flesh that is upon the earth. Genesis 9: 14-17

And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And He gave him tithes of all. Genesis 14: 19-20

And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth. Genesis 14: 22

Note: I may omit some verses, although they may be important, in order to stay focused specifically on Bible verses that refer to God creating earth, man, woman, and all within. It's always good to go to the Bible and read it all. That's why I like to read the Bible from cover to cover so much. I'm concerned that if I include things off the topic, it may hinder the reader from determining for themselves that God did create the world and all within. Debbie

Video: New Evidence Supports Biblical Account of Water's Origins
By: Dr. Robert S. Stewart, Science Dept Chair, Regent University, Heather Sells, CBN News via You Tube